YORK MED PHYSIO | Massage Therapy
Give your body the massage it needs!
Connective tissue forms the single largest tissue component of the body. These tissues influence different myofascial pain and dysfunction syndromes. Massage therapy is the hands-on manipulation of tissues such as your tendons, ligaments, fascia, muscles, and skin. Our experienced massage therapists bring forth skills from different educational backgrounds that include acupuncture, osteopathy, and occupational therapy to help you better recover from pain and reach your rehabilitation goals at a faster rate.
If you suffering from a sports injury and want to see an experienced and skilled massage therapist, ask for Sabina. With over 17 years of experience and different sports interests, she has extensive knowledge pertaining to sports injuries and the rehabilitation process.
If you need a holistic and alternative approach to treatment, ask for David with a background in Chinese medicine, acupuncture and osteopathy of more than 10 years.
If you are suffering from aches and pains that disable you and affect your daily activities, ask for Nooshin. She has years of experience in occupational therapy.
Teamwork is one of our strengths at York-Med Physiotherapy and our massage therapists are a key part of that! Direct communication between health providers ensures the best understanding of your condition and a collaborative approach to improve your health. After a full assessment, your massage therapist will develop a treatment plan to address your health goals and help you return to your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being.
Our massage therapists provide numerous therapeutic treatments including sports massage, pregnancy massage therapy, lymphatic drainage, cranial sacral therapy, relaxing massage therapy and much more
Some of the most common injuries that massage therapy can improve are anxiety, digestive disorders, fibromyalgia, headaches, insomnia related to stress, myofascial pain syndrome, soft tissue strains or injuries like ankle/neck/back sprain, sports injuries, temporomandibular joint pain and much more
Massage Therapy benefits include:
In general, massage therapy is known to improve the circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid in the tissue, reduce muscular tension, affect the nervous system through stimulation and enhance tissue healing. These effects provide a number of benefits that include:
- Reduced muscle tension and stiffness.
- Relief of muscle spasms and pain.
- Improved blood flow and movement of lymph.
- Relief of tension-related conditions, such as headaches and eyestrain.
- Boost the efficiency of movement.
- Improved flexibility and range of motion.
- Improved immune system functioning.
- Relieved stress and facilitate relaxation.
- Facilitation of deeper and easier breathing.
- The faster healing process of soft tissue injuries, such as pulled muscles/sprained ligaments, and a reduction in pain and swelling related to such injuries.
- Reduction in the formation of excessive scar tissue following soft tissue injuries.
- Enhancement in the health and nourishment of the skin.
- Improvement in posture through changing tension patterns that affect posture.
- The overall feeling of well-being reducing levels of
- Increase in awareness of the mind-body connection.
- Promotion of a relaxed state of mind and mental awareness.